Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 a year end post

A year of travel, family and friendship (not a prefect one, but yet nothing to lose either :) ). There hasn't been a single post this entire year on my blog, two reasons for that. One I never got the time ( which is a bs if you ask me). Other ( which is the most obvious one I may add) was, because the memories where fresh within me I never wanted to jot down events of 2009. But here I am putting down my memories in a blog, before heading to a new year.

The year began with daily morning newspaper reporting the financial crisis, and me following the same diligently. Was involved in working on a product right from scratch by spending weekends and public holidays in office for the first four months of 2009. Then the Himalayan trek happened (availed the comp offs get this going).. a learning should I say.

Sarpass events have given me a whole new respect for Nature and it fury (when unleashed) . Kasol was a fun place to hangout, especially when you are among the blacklisted dudes ;).. Amristar and Delhi visit were nice. The ‘lowering of flags’ ceremony at Wagah border was a patriotic experience. All lost when you see Pakistan and Indian bsf jawans complimenting each others outfit (good from brotherhood point of view and all that.. but sad with all the initial showcase).. neways good to see a united India singing songs from ‘Dil Chata Hai’ ;)


With my bros engagement this year and marriage happening next year.. loads of things are still in motion at family front. Got a chance to visit a pujabhi ishtyle wedding. Liked the glitz and glamor. The money that goes into a wedding up north is huge. All savings is blown in a 5day event. The dancing and singing is all good, quiet different from the silent n settled weddings that happen down south.

2010 will be with me and my babe.. (Ladakh being the top of my list).


would like to take my leave with quote from the movie ‘Into the Wild’


There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and the music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more...

Wishing you All a Very Happy 2010!!

No comments: